Sunday, February 8, 2015

Psalm 3: Salvation
Amos Wilson (April 6, 2014)

How many are my foes!
They gather in a mighty horde,
Their horns before me blow,
For I alone uphold our Lord.

Why stand you their alone?” they call,
Be sure you'll die. You'll surely fall.”
My Lord will save me here this day,”
I say, still standing in their way.
There is no help for you in God,
Your loyalty is a facade!
You rebelled with all of us,
He won't save you – who broke his trust.”

And so they charge against me,
And I cried out unto His hill,
And then he came to save me,
From those whose will was bent to kill.

Like my shield he stands before my foes,
Upon his hands he blocks their blows.
Before him spreads his glorious dread,
But He – my Lord – lifts up my head.

Then in the battle fierce,
A weariness upon me falls.
The darts of slumber pierce
Through me until my vision fails.

So I lay down to sleep in peace.
For my protector would not cease.
And I did wake and rise again,
For though He die He would defend.
I'm not afraid of thousands more:
Though they stretch unto the shore;
Though they surround me with their hate
My salvation will not wait.

Arise O Lord and save!
They come before me to destroy.
They'll send me to the grave,
If Your salvation's not deployed.

But you will strike them in the face
And break their teeth out of their place.
You alone are strong to save.
Blessed is the man who is Your slave!

No comments:

Post a Comment