Sunday, February 8, 2015

Psalm 5: Prayer
Amos Wilson (April 20, 2014)

I kneel and pray, but wonder why,
My words just bounce from off the sky.
Is my prayer heard,
And headed word for word.

My Lord, pray harken to my plea,
And listen when I pray to thee.
Understand my cry!
Harken, e'er I die!

Hear, because I pray to thee.
At sunrise you listen to me.
I sacrifice with cries,
And watch with waiting eyes.

To your house I'll surely come,
And with your people make my home.
Before you I will kneel,
When your breath I feel.

For thou, O Lord, hate wicked deeds,
And in thee 's not a wicked seed.
For evil does not dwell in thee,
O Lord, I pray, purge it from me!

The arrogant can't bear you eye,
The evil men before thee fly.
The liar hides his face.
The murderer pleads for grace.

You delight to make things just.
The wicked man will rot like rust.
Abhor this wickedness!
Give us righteousness!

My Lord, your grace is so complete,
You let me come before your seat.
You've made me straight and clean,
My enemies have seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment