Sunday, February 8, 2015

Psalm 5: Justice and Mercy
Amos Wilson (April 27, 2014)

Two requests I have,
Lead me in your righteousness.
And let me walk your path.
The world is full of wickedness.
Judge me not from works,
My way is evil of myself.
Cleanse me of my quirks,
Keep me close unto thyself.

See those evil men?
The wicked lie, and lie in wait
To murder and to sin,
Their minds are full of hate.
Their throat's an open grave,
Their hearts are full of dead-men's bones.
They falter every knave
They pass, with clever, skillful tones.

Make them bear their guilt!
Let them fall to their own web!
The blood which they have spilt,
Will come upon their rebel head.
They have transgressed your law,
They have rebelled and spurned your word.
Their wickedness I saw,
So I have prayed, and you have heard.

But let those who repent,
And those who plead for grace rejoice.
Your anger then is spent,
They will sing with merry voice.
We exult and dance,
For our salvation will not yield,
You will bless righteousness
And cover us as with a shield. 

No comments:

Post a Comment